Full Spectrum Hemp CBD Tincture – Orange Vanilla
Orange oil contains 13 terpenes and 11 sesquiterpene hydrocarbons (source).
The terpene hydrocarbons were identified as α‐thujene, α‐pinene, camphene, 2,4‐p‐mentbadiene, sabinene, myrcene, Δ‐3‐carene, α‐phellandrene, α‐terpinene, limonene, Δ‐3‐terpinene, p‐cymene, and terpinolene.
The sesquiterpene hydrocarbons were identified as α‐copaene, α‐ylangene, β‐copaene, β‐elemene, caryophyllene, β‐ylangene, farnesene, α‐ and β‐humulene, valencene, and Δ‐cadinene.
Listed below are the benefits researchers have found with following terpenes contained in oranges.
Swiss scientists in their 1997 study determined that myrcene is one of the most common and abundant terpenes in cannabis. It can reach up to 50% of the whole terpenes volume.
Myrcene has an effect on the permeability of cell membranes, meaning it can act as a regulator of other terpenes and cannabinoids, enhancing or buffering their effects.
- Myrcene has been shown to act as a muscle relaxant in animals, helps to fight insomnia and cooperates with other cannabinoids effectively. Thus, when combined with CBD or THC, myrcene could reduce inflammation and manage pain.
- Ongoing research suggests an immediate change in the human body once myrcene is used. These benefits include anti-inflammatory changes, pain relief, and the ability to maximize one’s immune system.(Source)
In some cases, it is also used as a robust sedative to ease the nerves.
- Mercene helps some other cannabinoids and terpenes pass through cell membranes, allowing more CBD and THC to reach brain cells. This potentiates the effects felt from cannabinoids and helps increase absorption.
- A detailed study, led by Dr. Ethan Russo of GW Pharmaceuticals, identified the cannabinoids with which particular terpenes interact to produce targeted therapeutic effects.
The study identified myrcene as interacting with the following cannabinoids to produce medicinal benefits:
CBD + Myrcene: Decreases inflammation, reduces pain, and fights cancer.
THC + Myrcene: Reduces pain and relaxes muscles; also acts as a sedative and a “hypnotic.”
CBG + Myrcene: Fights cancer.
- A 2008 GW Pharmaceuticals study concluded that myrcene can manage pain effectively and found that the terpene exhibits an analgesic effect that is opium-like in its mechanism – only without the addiction.
- In a 1990 study it was revealed that terpene reduces the sensation of pain by inhibiting pain perception in the brain.
- This powerful terpene also has been shown to slow bacterial growth, inhibit cell mutation (one of its roles in fighting cancer), suppress muscle spasms (making it a powerful tool in the fight against epilepsy and dystonia), and is even helpful for those suffering from psychosis due to its tranquilizing effect.
- A study carried out on the Artemisia species, an important medicinal plant proved the antioxidant capabilities of thujene
- A study conducted in Iran stated that Thujene also acts as an active anti-viral agent as well.
- A study in 2012 showed that alpha-pinene was a potent anti-inflammatory agent against Acute Pancreatitis, an inflammatory disease with an unknown cause.
- A study in 2011 showed that alpha-pinene, along with all the different cannabinoids and terpenes found in cannabis, interact synergistically and amplify anti-inflammatory activity. These results show that alpha-pinene is helpful in inflammation management for diseases such as arthritis, Crohn’s, and multiple sclerosis.
- Alpha-pinene has proved to be an effective antimicrobial agent against bacterial and fungal cells. In 2011, alpha-pinene was tested as a potent treatment against a bronchitis virus that was previously hard to treat since antibiotics don’t work on viruses.
- Although one study claims that alpha-pinene exposure can cause upper respiratory irritation, the benefits far outweigh mild negative symptoms. In a 2011 study, alpha-pinene showed promise as a bronchodilator by opening up the upper respiratory tract (at low exposure levels) which can be helpful for people with asthma.
- The alpha-pinene terpene has been shown to counteract memory impairing effects of THC. Alpha-pinene plays a strong role in inhibiting acetylcholinesterase activity in the brain, which helps you retain memories more efficiently.
- Alpha-pinene tested high in inhibitory activity against hepatoma carcinoma cells. This means that alpha-pinene can potentially stop tumor growth and be an effective supplement for chemotherapy treatments. Another study in animal models showed that mice who were exposed to an environment enriched with alpha-pinene reduced their melanoma growth.
- Camphor works effectively in the treatment of fungal skin infections, dysentery, athlete’s foot and dermatitis.
- Camphene has a significant ability to lower cholesterol levels and triglycerides in the blood, therefore reducing the risk for heart disease.
A study published in 2011 was able to demonstrate camphene’s ability to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, the two main causes for heart disease, including stroke and heart attack.
- Camphene along with vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and helps repair damage caused by stress. They work together and exhibit a soothing effect on the nerves, thereby reducing blood pressure, inflammation, and stress.
- Shown to have sedative, anti-congestive and analgesic properties
- One of the most impressive characteristics of Delta 3 Carene is the anti-inflammatory effects. Being a strong anti-inflammatory means that it can be used for treating fibromyalgia, bursitis, arthritis, and various other health conditions that result from systemic inflammation
- Research studies and anecdotal evidence show that Delta 3 Carene can be very effective in promoting the speedy healing of bones. Researchers are optimistic that Carene could be used in the future for the treatment of various bone-related conditions such as osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
- Delta 3 Carene has also been shown to be an effective anti-fungal treatment. According to a study involving Juniperus essential oils that was undertaken back in 2006, it was found that the Delta 3 Carene present in the oil was responsible for the antifungal properties.
- Delta 3 Carene has been found to increase memory retention and stimulate memory. The medical fraternity is hopeful that it could be used one day for treating cognitive memory diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Multiple studies looked at its effectiveness in combating tumors in leukemia and found it effective.
- Sabinene has radical scavenging activities making it a potent antioxidant compound.
- More than a dozen studies point to it as having fungicidal abilities.
This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. Pregnant women and lactating mothers should not use this product. Children under 5 years old should not consume this product. Always consult a medical doctor before modifying your diet or using any new product. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease